From the company that in 1994 became the first carmaker to offer a built-in navigation system comes another milestone that helps further establish BMW as the leading innovator in automotive infotainment and connectivity.
The new-generation BMW Navigation system Professional instantly makes a winning impression, boasting a new design and an optimized control concept that give its various displays an even more sophisticated, even sharper, even more attractive look. From “3D City Models” to Real Time Traffic Information and from Radio+ graphic radio to a multifunctional interactive map, the next generation BMW Navigation has it all.
Here’s a quick rundown of the most prominent changes:
• The new generation of the BMW Navigation system Professional boasts more powerful and impressive performance than ever (1.3Ghz Intel processor, 1GB ram, 8GB flash, Nvidia graphics, and a 200GB hard drive), featuring a design rendered entirely in 3D, a modified display and control concept as well as a host of extra Navigation, Office and Multimedia functions.
• Dictation function with full speech recognition system: for the first time, the driver is able to compose short texts for emails and SMS messages by simply dictating them. Meanwhile, the function for recording voice memos then sending them by email ensures that any flashes of inspiration at the wheel can be instantly preserved.
• BMW iDrive Touch Controller: following the addition of a multi-touch touchpad, not only does the Controller allow characters to be entered with the finger, it lets drivers magnify and navigate in maps and websites.
• Product debut: the BMW LTE Car Hotspot ushers in the next generation of mobile internet. This particular accessorymakes the BMW Group the first car manufacturer to bring the ultimate in high-speed mobile internet to the road.
• Integration of smartphone applications from third parties: the BMW Group’s Software Development Kit (SDK) facilitates the integration of third-party apps into the vehicle’s native control and display logic, allowing drivers to use their favourite apps in their car, too.
The first models to receive the new technology will be the July 2012 production 3 Series touring and Activehybrid 3, 5 Series, M5, 7 Series, and M6 Coupe and Convertible. Next in line is the November 2012 production 3 Series Sedan, the March 2013 production 6 Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe, and the April 2013 production X3.*
*Although we expect the roll out schedule to be the same for North America, it has not yet been confirmed by BMW Canada.
Comments are closed.